Engineering Resource Planner
Engineering Resource Planner
Ocado is an award-winning online retailer that is continually reporting double digit growth. We have world class automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) in the UK and after having revolutionised the grocery shopping market at home, we're now engaging in exciting new international business opportunities where we'll be implementing new CFCs around the world.
Due to this recent growth and success, our Central Automation Engineering team is growing and we're now looking for an Engineering Resource Planner who will have the responsibility (working closely with Realisation Engineers, Engineering Planning and Automation Engineering Management) to develop and communicate project and programme budgets covering both human and capital resources.
- Create and maintain tools to aid resource planning for current and future projects, ensuring consistency of approach that enables global scaling.
- Ensure process quality is maintained
- Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the project and wider programme & portfolio budgets.
- Manage multiple projects and programmes, maintaining strategic (combined) forecasts for a portfolio of projects.
- Present tactical and strategic resource information for project or departmental meetings
- Work closely with engineering supply chain to create and maintain equipment forecasts.
- Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated Guidance L153) and internal (the Ocado CDM15 procedures and processes, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies). To seek guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty
- Help create budgets to support OSP Solutions pre contract bid activities
- Create and ensure ongoing revision of models used to create generic plans for costs, resource, supply chain etc.
- A STEM subject degree or 3+ years of resource planning experience.
- Awareness of budget and financial management and understanding of commercial impacts
- Strong communication skills (able to present in a variety of formats and styles)
- The ability to multitask and manage and prioritise a complex diary
- Highly IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and relevant knowledge of Planning software including MS Project, experience working with Microsoft Office and Google drive.
- Appreciation and aptitude to debate details (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.