Senior Electronics Test Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
- To be capable of electronic fault diagnosis down to component level
- To provide advanced level test related expertise.
- To lead complex technical investigations individually or with a team
- Be capable of developing, analysing, improving and implementing test strategies.
- Be capable of leading a team of test engineers.
- Be prepared to act and make decisions upon own initiative
- To have a strong capacity for problem solving with excellent report writing skills
- To have the ability to work on several tasks in parallel
- To work with a ‘Programme Development‘ team during development of new products to ensure that adequate test related features (Design for Test), economical test strategy and support tooling is provided.
- To develop and produce new procedures and strategies for testing and fault diagnosis so ensuring that both development and current production equipment is being tested and diagnosed in an efficient and economical manner.
- To gain an understanding of the principle of operation of the system/aircraft architecture within which specific products operate. This will assist in testing and fault diagnosis of development and production prime equipment to component level.
- Be able to interface with sub-contractors and customers in own field of expertise and if required support technical investigations upon customer sites.
- To be capable of mentoring/supervising the activities of a team of test engineers.
- To prioritise own work and that of allocated test engineers to achieve agreed programme schedules and produce associated reports and metrics.
- Be able to work on own initiative or as a leading team member with the ability to communicate ideas, problems and solutions to other disciplines.
- Provide technical training and technical/diagnostic expertise to other departmental members
- To provide analytical technical support to other test team members.
- To assist test development team with both Circuit Card Assembly and Line Replaceable Unit test
- Excellent Technical ability with a good knowledge of micro-processors, Complex programmable logic devices (CPLDs) etc.
- Knowledge of LabView/TestStand would be a definite advantage
- An understanding of boundary scan test techniques
- In-depth knowledge of both analogue and digital circuitry
- High level of motivation
- Capable of supervising a team of test engineers.
- To be well organised & disciplined
- Ability to follow and give instruction (both written and verbal)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- An understanding of ‘Lean Principles’
- To be able to work within a 5S environment
- Typically requires HND/Degree level education with an advanced level of related experience, or equivalent.
- An excellent understanding of electronic hardware and test development software.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.