Senior Factory Acceptance Technician
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
Reporting to the General Dynamics UK Land Systems Senior FAT Engineer, the Factory Acceptance Inspector will carry out the day-to-day Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) activities. The role covers the generation of the various vehicle test reports plus carrying out the FAT on the completed vehicles and boxed parts.
- Complete inspections of new vehicles leaving the factory prior to customer acceptance.
- Manage test equipment and facilities with regard to FAT.
- Completion of FAT test reports ensuring all aspects are compliant with agreed requirements i.e. visual inspection, functional testing, vehicle testing etc.
- Support the handover of vehicles to MoD.
- Act as the point of contact between MoD and GDUK with regard to issues identified during MoD General Acceptance Testing
- Liaison and work with managers and peers in other support functions as appropriate to the FAT activity area.
- Liaise with external contractors to ensure test activities are completed as required e.g. 3rd party LOLAR testing.
- Report data to the FAT Failure Review Boards.
- Conduct FAT activities to allow for and undertake the signing and stamping of Certificates of Conformity on behalf of the Company.
- Ensure that Non-conformances are reported and support the implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- IT skills – Microsoft Office
- Communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to interpret installation drawings and instructions
- Pro-active, organized and able to manage time on inspection tasks
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas
- NVQ 3 in Automotive Engineering or Equivalent engineering discipline
- Demonstrable heavy plant or vehicle inspection experience,
- Familiarity with current British Army tracked and wheeled vehicles
- Full UK Driving License (category H and C advantageous)
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.