The experience required for this post is:
- Proven experience in the design of complex services.
- Proven experience in the field of complex systems integration.
- Proven experience in large-scale telecom deployments.
- Good knowledge of VoIP (Voice over IP) protocols.
- Experience with agile infrastructure and virtualization.
- Experience in services' maintenance and operation.
Experience in the following fields would be an asset:
- Mobile communications technologies and architecture (3G/4G/5G).
- Radio engineering.
- IP networking.
- Knowledge of communication technologies and protocols: deep knowledge of SIP and VoIP protocols; good knowledge and experience of networking and telecom technologies. Knowledge and experience with Asterisk and WebRTC would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and application of software life-cycle tools and procedures: including integration, build and test.
- Knowledge of programming techniques and languages: knowledge of scripting languages and database management.
- Administration of computing systems: deep knowledge of Linux operating systems and Agile/DevOps tools.
- Design of networks: ability to design and implement communication networks and solutions to interconnect complex systems.
- Spoken and written English: ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations.
- Basic knowledge of French or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 12.05.2019.