Automation Engineering Project Manager
Ocado’s Product Development team is revolutionising the next wave of automation within engineering and as a result, we're looking for a talented Automation Engineering Project Manager to join us.
This role will have technical responsibility for the delivery of automation projects to support growth, reduce operating costs and improve efficiencies for our 24/7 Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs).
- Generating stage gated development plans in order to to project manage the process from planning to 'go live'
- Vendor selection and making sure that appropriate and effective contractual arrangements are in place
- Vendor management
- Matrix management of appropriate internal business-wide resource
- Risk management – owning and management of technical risk register
- Taking product business requirements and turning into technical requirements
- Ability to give effective and engaging presentations on engineering topics to technical and non-technical stakeholders (up to and including Board level)
- Project closure – ensuring that product and associated documentation meet the criteria for entry into the product catalogue
Minimum skills/experience required:
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware
- Proven track record in system or technical design and delivery
- Experience in managing project budgets
- Ability to quantify or qualify project risk against business impact and take appropriate decisions
- Very good negotiation skills
- Experience in vendor selection
- Experience in making tactical and strategic based decisions
- Experience in giving effective presentations to stakeholders
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- A project management qualification (APM PMQ or PRINCE2)
- Experience with electronics, robotics and vision
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This role may require travel to other sites.