As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking for an individual who will create CAD models, assemblies and drawings. Also runs the mechanical CAD system and PDM including maintenance and providing support to users. Sets the corporate standard for CAD work and drawings, Ensures the security of CAD data and is responsible for checking drawings and models.
Role & Responsibilities
- Creating CAD models, assemblies, drawings and specifications according to best practise and corporate standards;
- Setting the corporate standard for CAD modelling, draughting and assemblies and ensuring this is followed by giving guidance;
- Checking work before it is released;
- Maintaining the mechanical CAD system, PDM system and all related software to ensure availability to users;
- Providing CAD system and PDM training to new members of the team as well as support to current users;
- Performing day to day PDM support and maintenance activities;
- Communicating regularly with the organisation to advise on upgrades, downtime and other relevant information;
- Providing training and best practise sessions;
- Ensuring the security and integrity of mechanical CAD data;
- Keeping up to date with trends and developments in mechanical CAD software, systems and data management. Responsible for championing changes where they have sufficient benefit to the organisation.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A thorough understanding of either BS 8888 or ASME Y14.5 and the practical application of it;
- Excellent understanding of how to apply GD&T when creating component and assembly drawings;
- A strong history of using SolidWorks in a professional environment;
- Skilled in the administration of a PDM system, preferably SolidWorks PDM or SolidWorks Workgroup PDM;
- An HND in Engineering or equivalent qualification with relevant experience;
- A proven track record in the design of components and assemblies that have gone into production;
- Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practises;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Any experience with Autodesk Inventor;
- Knowledge of IEC document structure;
- Experience training contractors in producing high quality drawings;
- Experience training others in CAD skills and draughting to BS 8888
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.