Safety Engineering Project Manager
Ocado’s Product Development team is revolutionising the next wave of automation within engineering and as a result, we're looking for a talented Safety Engineering Project Manager to join us.
This role will have the responsibility of driving automation projects to completion on all safety and compliance matters, ensuring that safety-related activities are carried out in accordance with the departmental methodology. With a growing project portfolio, this role is a pivotal part of the projects team.
- Project managing the planning, execution, control and closing of safety and regulatory compliance related-work
- Define success milestones and manage development programs within budget and to timescale
- Ensure that appropriate contractual arrangements are negotiated and in place
- Responsible for tracking safety and reporting compliance status for all projects to senior management
- Ensure there is no outstanding technical debt associated with safety and regulatory compliance when machines are deployed on site
- Matrix management of appropriate internal business-wide resource and expertise to support innovation and delivery
Minimum skills/experience required:
- An Engineering qualification, to HND or Degree level
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation hardware
- Proven track record in system or technical design and delivery
- Ability to give effective and engaging presentations and effectively translate engineering topics to non-technical stakeholders (up to board level)
- Experience in managing project budgets
- Ability to quantify and/or qualify project risk against business impact and take appropriate decisions
- Very good negotiation skills
- Experience in vendor selection
- Experience in making tactical and strategic based decisions
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- A project management qualification (APM PMQ or PRINCE2)
- Experience with electronics, robotics and vision
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This role may require travel to other sites.