Point of Delivery Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
Reporting to the General Dynamics UK Land Systems Point of Delivery Manager, the Point of Delivery Engineer will carry out the day-to-day Delivery activities. The role covers the presentation of the platform and carrying out the final activities required to ensure the completed platform is ready for sell off to the customer. The role includes pulling together of the various sections of the data pack of information that is generation and presented with the platform to the customer. Deputies for the Senior Delivery Engineer. Role requires working closely with the Production Finishing team and QA Factory Acceptance team to ensure the platform is complete.
- Complete inspections of new vehicles to ensure it is ready for sell off.
- Manage the generation of the End Item Data Pack and ensuring both are paper and electronic copies are complete and presented for sell off.
- Carry out the handover of vehicles to MoD.
- Act as the point of contact between MoD and GDUK with regard to issues identified during sell off
- Liaison and work with managers and peers in other support functions as appropriate to the PoD activity area.
- IT skills – Microsoft Office
- Communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to interpret installation drawings and instructions
- Pro-active, organized and able to manage time on inspection tasks
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas
- NVQ 3 in Automotive Engineering or Equivalent engineering discipline
- Demonstrable heavy plant or vehicle inspection experience,
- Familiarity with current British Army tracked and wheeled vehicles
- Full UK Driving License (category H and C advantageous)
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.