Senior Point of Delivery Manager
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
Reporting to the General Dynamics UK Land Systems Point of Delivery Manager, the Senior Point of Delivery Engineer will carry out the day-to-day Delivery activities. The role covers the presentation of the platform and carrying out the final activities required to ensure the completed platform is ready for sell off to the customer. The role includes pulling together of the various sections of the data pack of information that is generation and presented with the platform to the customer. Deputies for the Delivery Manager. Role requires working closely with the Production Finishing team and QA Factory Acceptance team to ensure the platform is complete.
- Generation and management of PoD documentation ensuring all aspects are compliant with agreed requirements
- Complete inspections of new vehicles to ensure it is ready for sell off.
- Manage the generation of the End Item Data Pack and ensuring both are paper and electronic copies are complete and presented for sell off.
- Carry out the handover of vehicles to MoD.
- Act as the point of contact between MoD and GDUK with regard to issues identified during sell off
- Liaison and work with managers and peers in other support functions as appropriate to the PoD activity area.
- Plan and conduct PoD activities to allow for and undertake the signing and stamping of Certificates of Conformity on behalf of the Company.
- Generate weekly and monthly PoD metrics.
- Support the analysis of PoD non-conformances to establish trends and root cause analysis
- Generation of test instructions
- Knowledge and experience in relation to vehicle testing
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Word, Excel etc
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.