Research & Development Software Engineer
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
General Dynamics UK are looking for innovative, passionate engineers to join the Research and Development team at our site in Hastings.
General Dynamics UK's Research and Development (R&D) team employs a fresh approach that thrives on collaboration and innovation. The R&D team ensure that we can provide our customers with UK developed, low risk, system solutions meeting their present and future needs using next generation technologies.
As a Software Engineer, you will working in a team who utilise a wide range of sources to create and demonstrate cutting edge solutions including: internal innovative ideas from our employees, innovation from external SME's and advanced thinking and concepts from a wide base of academic partners.
General Dynamics UK offer a number of flexible working options that are available for this role. These include; compressed hours, part time hours, job share, offsite working. .
Your main responsibilities as a Software Engineer will involve:
- Requirements definition, analysis and verification
- Developing and implementing the Software architecture and design
- Modelling and simulation
- Rapid prototyping
- Integration and problem solving
- Validation and certification
Required Skills & Abilities
- Broad Software Engineering development lifecycle experience
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High levels of motivation and integrity
- Flexibility, innovation and commitment to delivery
- Proven and relevant experience in Software Engineering
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Research and Development Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager