Test Equipment Design Engineer
Role Title and Location: Test Equipment Design Engineer
Job Ref No: P7433
Reports to Relevant Test Equipment Lead
Salary: Up to £48K DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package
An opportunity has arisen for a Test Equipment Design Engineer to be part of a highly skilled team that develops Test Equipment for all of MBDA’s products. This role encompasses a broad spectrum of engineering technologies offering the right candidate challenges not only in their core discipline, but also scope for growth and career development.
- Leadership of the design activities for highly skilled teams often working on leading edge Test Equipment products from conception through to customer support.
- Working at the boundary of Hardware, Software, Manufacturing and MBDA Project Teams
- Task planning and cost estimating
- Quality management of TE design process and the TE Product
- Test Equipment hardware/software integration and proving of the Test Equipment against the Unit Under Test.
- Delivery and support of the required technical solution to the customer.
- Working with the Test Equipment Team at MBDA in France
What are the benefits for you?
- Unique opportunities to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills within a growing company and multi-skilled team.
- The ability to specialise in certain fields
- Exposure to complex and technologically advanced products, providing a stimulating experience.
- Working with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment, providing one of the best environments to further career aspirations and achieve a real feeling of success.
- A broad network of contacts within the defence industry
- The opportunity to travel to other MBDA sites in the UK and in Europe
What’s great about the team?
- The UK Test Equipment team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Equipment design, including specialisation on hardware, software and embedded real-time systems.These skills are located together in one plateau providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team together to face the challenges of the future
What are we are looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant electronics / electrical discipline
- Significant and proven experience in similar roles, preferably in the automotive, aerospace or defence industries.
- Substantial demonstrable experience of designing manual, semi-automated and fully computerised ATE [Automatic Test Equipment] using COTS and / or custom special to type based equipment.
- A broad technical knowledge of Test Equipment architecture definitions, embracing Electronic, Mechanical and Software disciplines.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- A good understanding of the design processes and best practices necessary to support the design and development lifecycle.
- Excellent verbal communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- The capability to write clear and concise engineering documentation.
- Familiarity of software languages and tools used in Automated Test Equipment (i.e. National Instruments CVI / LabView / Test Stand, MS Visual C++, C etc.)
- Pro-activity, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver a quality product on time and to cost.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)