Salary: £38,000-£50,000 DOE + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
What’s the opportunity?
MBDA is looking for an experienced design engineer that want to use their knowledge in a Test and Testability role. Part of the role also includes defining and managing the requirements for test.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for defining and implementing the Test and Testability Strategy within a Project.
- Responsible for collating Test requirements from all stakeholders across the Product Life Cycle.
- Responsible for proposing and recommending, with the Design Authority, the cost vs effectively trade-offs associated with Test & Testability implementation.
- Actively lead and ensure optimum BIT coverage is achieved at sub-system level.
- Responsible for the top-level Testability Modelling which will be used to determine BIT coverage as well as being used for diagnostics.
- Responsible for defining the test equipment requirements for both Production and Development testing.
- Working with the manufacturing organisation to define the Special-To-Type (STTE) strategy
- Defining the diagnostic and prognostic strategies.
- Implementation of policies to ensure modularity & reuse objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
- Interface with and manage stakeholder expectations throughout the development process
What are the benefits for you?
The opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing processes through interaction with Design Authorities, Systems Designers, Chief Design Engineers. There are opportunities to become a Team Leader within the department.
What’s great about joining this team?
• You will join a motivated, focussed and multi-disciplined team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key;
• You will join a team that is dedicated to improving the way it works, how it interacts with other functions and directorates with a strong interest in the development of its people.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Experience of Test, Electrical and Electronic engineering, including:
- Digital electronics & microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics & RF.
- Power Electronics.
- Knowledge of structured Test Modelling techniques (preferably eXpress)
- Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including:
- Equipment design.
- Design Proving
- Safety systems
- Ability to technically manage internal activities.
- Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision.
- Someone with a high degree of self-motivation, drive and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Very good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Willingness to travel.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)