Weapon System Product Support Manager
An opportunity has arisen within MBDA’s Customer Support & Services organisation for a strong competent leader to deliver a key Weapon capability primarily to the Royal Navy. The successful candidate will take the lead in ensuring all product support activities are planned, managed and delivered in a manner which satisfies not only our contractual obligations but at all times maintains MBDA reputation throughout the product In-Service Lifecycle. This opportunity will give the successful candidate considerable scope to improve programme management skills, develop Customer facing skills and promote their profile internationally within MBDA.
This job will involve developing and sustaining the support for the weapon system ensuring the capability to satisfy Customer requirements in the immediate and longer term.
The successful applicant will be accountable for a number of core activities, including:
- Developing and owning the long term support strategy for the Weapons System product, consistent with satisfying the in-service needs of the anticipated customer base.
- Developing the Support Solution, the associated operating targets and modus operandi for support delivery.
- Providing direction for the system’s support activities, monitoring performance across Key Performance Indicators and ensuring delivery to cost, time and quality ensuring Customer Satisfaction consistent with best interests of MBDA and the associated contractual obligations.
- Providing the key technical and logistical interfaces into first tier suppliers, ensuring they are technically satisfying their support and contractual obligations.
- Managing, developing and maintaining effective long-term relationships with key external stakeholders within the Ministry of Defence DE&S project team, and HM Forces users.
- Working closely with Procurement to manage the Supply Chain; and supporting other MBDA internal functions, such as Business & Performance, Commercial, and Finance to prosecute contractual and business obligations.
- Providing timely product support advice to CSS UK Executives & Sales and Business Development, to enhance bids and existing contract obligations.
- Ensuring that CSS staff are developed with the appropriate technical and business skills.
What’s in it for you?
This role will provide you with a range of career benefits;
- Building on your considerable experience to date
- Managing diverse team and budgets
- Improve/deploy relationship building skills
- Develop critical Customer facing skills
- Opportunity to establish a strong international profile in MBDA
- Frequent UK and international travel
What’s great about the team?
- The team you will join has a singular common goal – to primarily provide the Royal Navy with an ongoing key Weapon Availability anywhere in the world.
- To deliver this obligation you will be joining an internationally, integrated, multi-disciplined team which will stretch and test you as an individual but will also provide you with huge satisfaction when these challenges are met.
- Each day usually presents new challenges as this team flex and adapt to satisfy the operational needs of the end user.
What are we looking for?
Someone who has:
- Passion for Customer Satisfaction and team performance
- A broad based engineering background with substantial knowledge and experience on complex systems.
- The ability to negotiate and converse with the customer at all levels in an open, honest and trusting manner.
- An understanding of the commercial and financial implications of the technical solutions to the MoD and MBDA, and the consequential effects on export customers.
- Applicants will need to have been educated to technical degree standard
- Experience of team building and leadership, across a number of disciplines
- Experience in leading and delivering significant change
- Understanding of breadth and scope of activities in an In-service environment
- Understanding of UK customer In-service logistics issues and concerns.
- Exhibit behaviours that promote open, pro-active, collaborative joint working across Industry/Customer community
- Experience of what is involved in delivering Availability based, output focussed contracts and a capability to strategically plan the support work so as to ensure that equipment availability requirements are always met.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus scheme, and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)