Qualification, Integration and Proving Engineer, Seeker Systems
Qualification Testing – assessing requirements, developing test schemes with the systems team and performing testing to allow the qualification of a seeker product for intended platforms.
Certification - supporting certification of products, including trials installations, including safety and dependability, hazard analysis, creating operating procedures for trials.
Trials Support – building up seeker hardware and test equipment from requirements to allow evaluation of design from concept through to system level trials on various platforms.
Seeker Integration – integrating seeker system subcomponents including developing test solutions for development and certification.
- Supporting the Seeker proving strategy; engaging with customer representatives to ensure proving activities address all stakeholders’ needs.
- Integrating and testing seeker sub-systems to ensure full system functionality and compliance against requirements.
- Support the development of seeker system functionality from modelling activities through to full production standard hardware.
- Carrying out technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues
- Influence system design to facilitate design proving and certification.
- Producing and maintaining test documentation associated with seeker sub-unit and seeker system level testing including development test schedules and test result sheets
- Participating in design reviews including assessing design maturity
- Managing external suppliers with procurement teams including visiting suppliers, assisting with first article inspection and technical issues
- Arranging test facilities to perform development and qualification activities, supporting facilities to perform trials
- Supporting the planningand reporting of integration activities, providing input to the Chief Systems Engineer on a regular basis
What’s in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements. The Qualification and Proving team are critical to the product development process, being closely involved through each stage of development. The role is very broad; you will gain a detailed understanding of seeker design as well building experience working with capable teams across all development activities, supporting cutting edge modelling techniques, diverse trials scenarios and lab based proving and integration activities. An ability to handle the multiple strands of a complex programme simultaneously is essential.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including input into the manufacture process. There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker qualification and proving.
- A mixture of formal and on the job training will be available to introduce new concepts and build on existing skills and experience.
What’s great about the team?
- Seeker Division within MBDA are responsible for undertaking the systems design, performance evaluation, integration, design verification and certification of RF Seeker sub-systems and multi-mode seekers including a RF sub-mode. These activities provide a consistent systems engineering approach to all the stages of RF Seeker development from concept to in service support.
- Seeker integration managers provide the main interface between the sub-unit design teams, systems team, trials team, manufacturing and the other support departments. They also interface with internal and external customers and suppliers on technical issues.
- The integration team have a proven track record in understanding and developing RF/microwave and multimode seekers to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:
- Experience proving system level functionality, SW/FW integration and proving.
- Knowledge of RF/microwave and electronic systems, algorithm design and implementation.
- Familiarity with radar and control systems and digital signal processing an advantage
- Ability to diagnose system failures and their likely causes: hardware/software/firmware/design.
- Experience of working with other teams including systems and manufacturing
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers
- An understanding of model based design proving techniques and approaches
- Use of DOORS and RTC.
Other Skills and Experience
- Developed sense of commercial and financial awareness
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Willingness to learn about projects, tools & methods
- Demonstrate persistence to get the job done
- Ability to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader when required
- Familiarity with project control and reporting an advantage
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base.
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What you would get ?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)