Simulation Scrum Master
To act as Scrum Master on a weapon system project to develop and deliver simulation components for one of MBDA’s weapon systems such as SPEAR/Brimstone/Land Ceptor/SEA Venom.
- Use agile techniques to lead the technical management of the software development team (2 – 8) to meet the weapon system requirements.
- Plan and manage budgets and spend, including regular progress reports and cost to completion.
- Perform business development activities in conjunction with projects and functional areas within the company to champion the use of simulation.
- Manage risks and opportunities to pre-empt technical issues and leverage re-use.
- Work alongside the support system team to achieve validation and sub-system integration.
- Apply Functional policies and best practices in conjunction with the Simulation Architect within the team.
What’s in it for you?
- To be part of a niche forwarding thinking dynamic Function delivering innovative solutions and the latest technologies.
- To apply broad Systems Engineering skills to exciting technical challenges using an agile approach.
- To build relationships across the company including Project Teams, Systems Design, Software and Systems Proving.
- To have the opportunity to work with internationally.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a team delivering innovative solutions to Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
- You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
- You will be working with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
What are we looking for?
- Engineering degree qualified or equivalent experience
- 5 years practical software engineering and/or System integration experience (C#/C++)
- Experience of leading use of agile for software development
- Awareness of simulation standards (DIS and HLA)
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)