RF systems engineer
A great opportunity has arisen in a team of specialised RF professionals for an engineer to join a growing team within a world leading defence company, based in the Bristol area. You will be working on the specification, acquisition and testing of cutting-edge radio-frequency sub-systems for integration into complex weapons systems.
You will have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects, ranging from fundamental research through to product development for customer programmes.
- Sub-system performance prediction and assessment
- Support to development and in-service trials and activities
- Sub-system qualification and validation
- Requirements definition and management
- Resolution of customer and trials-related queries
- Interfacing with the supplier, customer community and its agencies
What’s in it for you?
- You will work in a team with extensive experience of RF systems and subsystems with access to major testing facilities and design tools needed to supply state-of-the-art solutions.
- Excellent training opportunities through formal and/or on the job training to deepen and widen your expertise
- You will have the opportunity to work in international programme teams with customers across the globe
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a growing, dynamic team consisted of like-minded engineers that is focussed on the delivery of cutting-edge RF system solutions for our customers
- You will work as part of a team that includes people with a mix of disciplines that support each other to achieve delivery of innovative, world class solutions to complex problems
What are we looking for?
- You will have a degree in a scientific or numerate subject
- You will be able to take responsibility for your own contribution, able to control your own timescale and responsible for your own budget
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner
- Ideally you will have previous experience of working with RF systems and/or component design
- Ideally you will have experience of working in international or cross-cultural teams.
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)