Systems Engineer Deep Strike Mission Planning
An opportunity has arisen to join an expanding team delivering deep strike missile mission planning and target modelling systems supporting missile integration to 4th and 5th generation fighter aircraft.
What are we looking for?
- Sound understanding of System Engineering Process (including awareness of System and Sub-System Specification, System Test and Integration)
- Evidence of technical problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with a ‘Can do’ attitude
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management (Dimensions or RTC) is desirable
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using SysML is desired, preferably using IBM Rhapsody
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems / Satellite Imagery formats is desirable
What’s in it for you?
- Rapidly gain experience across the full product lifecycle
- MBSE Training and on the job learning
- Visibility of and potential mobility to other capability groups and projects within the department
- There are opportunities for travel to MBDA sites in the UK and Europe, and to customer sites around the world
- Multiple development paths, both technical and managerial
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- You will be conducting systems design activities for mission planning products and target modelling that will be delivered as part of wider weapon integration programmes
- You will provide key inputs to system integration and testing, leading to product certification
What’s great about the team?
- Be part of a great team responsible for developing, qualifying and supporting the target modelling and mission planning systems that enable our world class weapon systems to achieve precision effects
- We celebrate successes and work hard to achieve our goals, with a keen culture of learning from past experiences
- We value diversity and knowledge sharing, and you will work with other engineers and supporting team members with a wide range of complementary skills and knowledge.We expect everyone in the team to learn and to share to make us stronger
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)