Business & Project Manager
A world leader in missiles and missile systems, MBDA is a multi-national group, employing 10,000 employees across Europe. With our continuing development in the domestic and international markets, openings have arisen for ‘Business & Project Managers’ across a number of our business areas to define, plan and deliver medium to large size contracts/programmes. This is an exciting time to be at the forefront of change, as part of our new dynamic vision for Europe.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrable Project /programme management experience
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and work collaboratively across various levels in an organisation
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with Programme/Portfolio Stakeholders
- Drive and motivation in leading project teams to strive for excellence in the face of adversity
- Strong business management experience, with a sound understanding of typical organisational issues and challenges that face projects/Programmes.
- Driving best practice and identify opportunities for innovation
What’s in it for you?
- Working in an exciting, complex and changing environment, there are opportunities to add value and make a difference in delivering capability to our customers.
- A great platform to embed your stakeholder management skills, across a diverse multi-functional organisation.
- Exposure to working within a vibrant and well established ‘Business & Project Management’ community
- Opportunity to gain professional/accredited project management qualification
- Career progression opportunities within and outside the ‘Business and Project Management’ community
- High level of integration between functional directorates and customers within UK and our European counterparts.
- Open forum to share best practice and innovative methodologies.
What would you get?
- Ranked as one of the top 25 Sunday Times Companies to work for, we offer competitive salary, superb learning and development opportunities, bonus scheme, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities and fantastic site facilities.
The Role Responsibilities
- Lead a multi-functional project team, to establish on-time delivery of programme milestones and deliverables.
- Ensure contract budgets are planned, loaded and controlled in line with Work Breakdown Structure
- Develop effective collaboration with project teams and internal/external stakeholders
- Implement project management processes, tools and reporting mechanisms
- Manage and control contract estimate-at-completion, revenue and margin in line with budget
- Ensure robust workload forecasts are maintained
- Plan and facilitate active risk management across projects, with a strong focus on mitigation activities
- Ensure all Export Regulations are understood, adhered to and compliant
Please Note: MBDA UK requires employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)