Future Combat Air Systems Tempest International Lead Engineer
A fantastic opportunity to lead the international Future Combat Air System Tempest activities, working across MBDA, and directly with partner nations, to develop concept solutions and product roadmaps. We are looking for a leader to join a rapidly growing team to consolidate MBDA’s position in the FCAS programme.
You will lead the FCAS / TEMPEST Internationalisation activity with potential partner nations. This involves the development of System Of System concepts; establishing coherency with the emerging UK concepts; and developing roadmaps to capability delivery.
You will work with the functional teams (eg. Seekers, Aerodynamics and Propulsion, Mechanical Future Concepts) to identify key enabling technologies and engage with the technology teams to ensure the needs are met by the technology development portfolio.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced engineer with the following attributes:
- Ability to work well within an uncertain environment, for example, to make sensible assumptions and iterate a problem
- Experience of Concepting and/or Early System Design
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to effectively represent MBDA in joint Industry / customer sessions
- Comfortable with managing and co-ordinating inputs from a multi-disciplined team
- Awareness of typical Weapon System and Missile basic functions
- Cultural Awareness
- A candidate who additionally possesses several of the following attributes would be particularly suited to the role:
- Ideally holding a higher degree (e.g. Masters or PhD) in a physics or engineering discipline
- Experience in applying MODAF / NAF Architectural Frameworks
- Knowledge of Fast Air platform design and weapons integration
- Experience of the Targeting Chain, Seeker technologies and/or GCN
What’s in it for you?
- A chance to shape the future of Air Combat Systems in the UK, and develop exploitation routes internationally.
- Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to work on some truly innovative and world-class concepts & technology
- Opportunities to develop new skills through interaction with specialist areas within MBDA
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
- Opportunities to gain visibility for you and your work at the highest levels both inside and outside the company
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- The role involves delivery of a number of work packages to ensure the coherency of the UK emerging concept alongside those of partner nations:
- Lead the FCAS / TEMPEST Internationalisation activity with potential partner nations. This involves the development of SoS concepts, establish the coherency with the emerging UK concepts and develop roadmaps to capability delivery.
- Through collaborative working, identify the required key enabling technologies and engage with the technology teams to ensure the programme needs are met by the technology development portfolio.
- To lead the delivery of the FCAS International IRAD programme of work
- Programme and work-package planning; defining, overseeing and supporting key contributions
- Customer interactions, stakeholder engagement & internal & external progress reporting
- Overseas travel consistent with the partner nations involved in the programme
What’s great about the team?
- Undertaking this role you would be joining a dynamic, diverse, passionate team responsible for the development of our future business & world leading technologies.
- Working with skilled, supportive and motivated colleagues, with a drive to deliver future technologies and a desire to see them benefit defence
- Contribute to wider activities, supporting senior management with director level engagements
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)