Head of Sea Viper Support Transition Programme
An opportunity has arisen within the Customer Support & Services-UK organisation for someone to drive the transition of Sea Viper Support and specifically our support to the Aster Weapon. The role holder will be responsible for delivering our response to the independent Newton report. This programme is critical to user confidence in MBDA and thus vital to our reputation.
- Delivering the Sea Viper Transition Programme Vision
- Leading our proposal into the UK customer and within MBDA at a senior level
- Co-ordination of Industry and MoD stakeholders
- Implementation of recommendations from an independent review conducted into the support arrangements for Aster
- Ensuring coherency between Sea Viper contracts and programmes including Aster MLR, Sea Viper WSS
- Create a revised governance structure pan –enterprise to deliver a roadmap to the future support arrangements
What’s in it for you?
- The role will enable you to experience the scope of work undertaken within CSS-UK and understand the essentials in providing support to the front-line.
- You will be able to demonstrate an ability to prepare and manage complex, multi-functional proposals into the UK MOD
- You will learn how to engage with and manage various functions within the business by influence and persuasion.
- Working within the MBDA Group structure, there will be the opportunity to travel, in particular to France and Italy.
- Excellent visibility to the senior MBDA management team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work co-operatively with the end user, DE&S and industry partners
What’s great about the team?
- The CSS team you will join has a singular common goal – to provide the front line forces with the Weapon Systems they need to do their jobs.
- You will be joining an integrated, multi-functional team which will stretch and test you as an individual but will also provide you with huge satisfaction as the transformation challenges are met.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for a self-motivated, team player who has a proven record of delivery, a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Engineering background sufficient to be able to engage and manage engineering support.
- General business and financial awareness.
- Capability to proactively network, build trusting relationships and positively influence.
- You will be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and priorities.
- You will have had experience in managing tasks and will need to demonstrate how you inspired the team providing your support.
- You will need to be persuasive to encourage others to help you deliver your objectives.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)