System Architect (Tactical Strike Mission Planning)
An opportunity has arisen for a highly capable, versatile and enthusiastic systems architect to join the mission planning and control team. The role requires systematic, flexible and agile thinkers who can work at different levels of system abstraction and across the product lifecycle. The successful candidate will work closely with the Weapon Systems team to develop the Mission Planning architecture for use in next gen fast jet platforms.
What are we looking for?
- Systems thinker with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge/Experience of requirements management tools (ideally DOORs)
- Knowledge/Experience in use of SysML and modelling tools (ideally Rhapsody)
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to develop architectures for major company product.
- Opportunity to develop best practice and share knowledge with multi-disciplined community across the company.
- Opportunity to work on multiple projects within the domain and across the lifecycle process.
- Opportunity to travel, both to company and customer locations.
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- Develop and maintain the Mission Planning Architectural Model, ensuring the model is scalable and modular for re-use across multiple products.
- Undertake systems design, analysis and sub-system requirements derivation from parent requirements.
- Manage development of company tools and products across software design and equipment teams for multi-national customers.
- Requirements Engineering: production, maintenance, test planning, verification/validation.
- Establish, maintain and adopt systems process and procedures including configuration control, management, validation/verification strategies, product definition etc.
What’s great about the team?
- Functional management allowing work to be varied and your skill set to be assigned to the project needs.
- You will be joining the team as we approach weapon system Design Review and preparing to enter the Demonstration phase with the customer.
- You will be part of a multi skilled team developing complex systems and have the opportunity to mentor those wishing to develop skills in the same area.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)