Building Automation Technician
As a Building Automation Technician, you will participate in the operation, maintenance and works for HVAC and electrical systems in CERN buildings.
- Participate in the maintenance, installation, design and works of the new installations or buildings.
- Build systems automation using Saia PLCs programs.
- Ensure daily management of the services which include providing technician level expertise, writing or checking functional analysis, writing specifications, PLC programming, tuning and testing installations, performance and availability monitoring and computing security.
- Define, document and implement procedures.
- Coordinate major deployments such as new releases of software and operating systems for PLCs.
- Propose improvements and upgrade of the existing equipment.
- Coordinate the electro-mechanical work completed by contractors.
- Work in close collaboration with IT teams across different departments at CERN.
- In depth knowledge of PLC for HVAC and electricity.
- Demonstrated experience using Saia PLC in the building field.
- Performance analysis of Installation Services to scale them to adapt to an ever changing workload with special focus on performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Sensor and actuators testing and tuning.
- Energy counting.
Experience in the following fields would be an asset:
- Experience in DCC suite language.
- Previous experience using scripting languages such as PGC from Saia Burgess.
- Experience in lighting management via Dali and KNX protocols.
- Storage experience and/or virtual machine experience.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- A valid driving licence.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.