Senior / Principle Engineering Manager
To support our substantial and continued growth in IT infrastructure and telecoms, telent are recruiting a Senior Engineering Manager.
The Senior Engineering Manager will really need to get to know our business and programmes to ensure appropriate engineering governance, processes, tools and resources are in place to drive engineering excellence. You will be responsible for developing our engineering strategy and providing technical leadership across the business. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be a senior member of the Business Support team working closely with our System Wide Architects, System Design Engineers, Engineering Managers and Project Managers / Directors.
You may get directly involved in the engineering aspects of complex major telecoms / IT infrastructure projects. This may include supporting Project Managers / Directors in the delivery of major projects and management of customers from an engineering prospective. The scope of telents projects and clients are diverse. Current projects include; systems to keep railways and highways safe, development of communications networks for the emergency services, delivery and maintenance of carrier networks (fixed line and wireless) for service providers and IT and communications solutions to the first nuclear power plant to be built in the UK for 25 years.
Deliverables will include:
- Establishment and management of end-to-end engineering governance processes, tools and standards for projects;
- Maintenance of technical compliance for all designs and assets within the network, for the life of the Agreement;
- Ensuring that engineering designs and solutions incorporate considerations of health and safety, environment and sustainability, security, and reduced maintenance costs;
- Ensuring that engineering designs are standards based, provide scale and flexibility, and future proof to accommodate changes in the Customer's requirements;
- Managing the development and updating of all technical documentation;
- Management of technical compliance, and requirements management activities;
- Leading the engineering aspects of the customer's approvals (“get consent”) process, for the introduction of new technology and services;
- Representing telent at technical meetings with the customer, and liaising with the Customer's technical lead and technical approvals team as required;
- Liaising with other Engineering Managers across telent, in relation to governance, processes, standards and tools.
- Direct management of engineering team responsible for engineering governance and testing activities
- Deputy leadership of the Technology function as required, which may involve customer liaison, staff management, budgeting and planning, design and development activities etc.
Experience and skills required:
- Proven experience of leading and managing engineering teams (including Senior Engineers) to deliver complex major telecoms / IT infrastructure projects with multiple technologies and subcontractors
- Significant experience of establishing and managing project engineering governance arrangements
- Broad technical understanding of multiple technologies (preferably networks, data, software, hardware, security, CCTV, voice, PA/VA, Wireless etc)
- Understanding of enterprise architecture
- Good understanding of system requirement management
- Customer facing experience with proven experience managing customers effectively
- Strong project management skills of both agile and waterfall methods in engineering delivery;
- Ability to take a strategic view and recognise what needs to be place to drive engineering forward
- Commercially aware
- Excellent communicator to both a technical and non-technical audience.
More searches like this
- Control & Instrumentation Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Design Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Electronics Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Project Engineering Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager
- Systems Software & Hardware jobs in Engineering Manager