As a technician in the CV group, you will participate in installation projects as well as operation and maintenance activities for all aspects related to low voltage electrical equipment of the existing CV plants (e.g. power and control cubicles, motors, heaters, etc). You will be expected to follow these complex activities to completion reporting to a responsible engineer and interacting with various group services. Your expertise in electrical systems and equipment will allow you to provide high-level support to other members of the Group in different domains (design, troubleshooting, maintenance, operation). Similarly, you will receive support,where needed, from project engineers and various other technicians who are all experts in their own fields.
- Support the preliminary or detailed technical electrical design studies for both new works and modification to existing installations.
- Take part in architectural design choices of cooling and ventilation plant electrical systems relating to major CERN projects.
- Contribute to writing technical specifications, market surveys and call-for-tender documents.
- Follow-up on, coordinate and report to reference engineers on construction work on electrical systems (power and control cubicles, cabling of equipment such as motors, instruments, actuators) for cooling and ventilation installations such as water pumping, compressed air, chilled water production and ventilation systems to ensure they comply with safety rules, technical standards and contractual documents and are within the established schedule and budget.
- Monitor and follow up external contractors' activities to ensure compliance with contractual agreements and technical standards.
- Participate in the testing and commissioning of cooling and ventilation plants.
- Contribute to calculations and measurements of electrical industrial plants.
- Propose adequate technical solutions following user's requests on electrical equipment, take responsibility of all consequent actions to perform works.
- Take part in a stand-by service.
The experience required for this post is:
- Proven experience in carrying out design studies for electrical systems, in particular load lists and short circuit, system protection and selectivity analysis.
- Experience adhering to and applying safety rules for construction and maintenance work in electrical systems.
- Experience in the supervision of industrial work sites, test and commissioning.
- Experience in ventilation, compressed-air production or cooling plants would be an asset.
- Design of LV network and switchboard.
- Knowledge of electrical rotating machines.
- Design of electrical circuit layout.
- Thorough understanding of complex electrical drawings for control and power cubicles.
- Subcontracting, industrial support (contract supervision).
- Commissioning, maintenance and operation of electrical distribution systems in low voltage, controls and process automation.
- Cooling process and regulation and HVAC would be an asset
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://careers.cern/content/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.05.2019.