Controls and Automation Engineer
As an Engineer in the Controls Section, you will be responsible for the specification, design, implementation and support of industrial control systems for cooling and ventilation plants.
- Define the requirements for C&V control systems: collect the requirements from projects leaders and operators and define and/or select appropriate C&V closed loop regulation strategies.
- Participate in the design and development of these industrial control systems: liaise with CERN developers of the control systems, manage external contractors in charge of implementing CV control systems and develop parts or entire control systems PLC and SCADA code.
- Manage and participate in the commissioning (virtual and on site): define appropriate tests cases, plan the commissioning, supervise and participate in tests with simulators or in situ.
- Support operators of control systems: transfer new control systems to operators, troubleshoot and improve existing plants controls and write technical documents, reports and notes.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements definition.
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of controls with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Experience in definition of test catalogues and execution of tests.
- Experience in contract management for industrial installations.
- Functional analysis of control systems.
- Configuration and implementation of industrial data-acquisition, monitoring and control systems - including PLC, SCADA and Fieldbus systems.
- Installation, operation and maintenance of industrial data-acquisition and monitoring and controlling systems.
- Design and simulation of digital control loops and feedback systems.
- Design of control systems.
- Knowledge in instrumentation and low voltage electrical systems.
- Capability to write technical documents and reports.
- Knowledge in cooling, ventilation or compressed air plants would be an asset.