Ocado is no longer just an online grocery retailer - with our first class technology and end-to-end shopping and delivery solutions, we are growing at a rapid rate and delivering on designing and implementing state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) in the UK and internationally.
In order to be able to achieve this, our Technical Design and Integration (TDI) team is growing and we're looking for a SketchUp/CAD Technician to join us. This person will be managing all aspects of the Ocado Automated Warehouse SketchUp Design Libary, keeping the existing models up to date, developing/creating new models, supporting Project CAD requirements and assisting in the creation of CAD Model (AutoCAD and Revit).
- Responsible for all SketchUp Library items ensuring they align with our CAD libraries, developing and maintaining Ocado SketchUp Library standards.
- Assisting colleagues with SketchUp design queries and training.
- Assist in carrying out site surveys of new and legacy installations across the Ocado Property Portfolio.
- Producing CAD Models and drawings/layouts at the detailed design phase (CAD training will be given if required).
- Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated Guidance L153) and internal (the Ocado CDM15 procedures and processes, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies).
- Proficient in SketchUp (Trimble/Google).
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- A SketchUp training certificate (Intermediate or above).
- Practised in 2D and/or 3D CAD systems (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, Inventor, Solidworks, etc).
- Google Docs, MS Office experience.
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.