CAD/BIM Services Manager
Ocado is no longer just an online grocery retailer - with our first class technology and end-to-end shopping and delivery solutions, we are growing at a rapid rate and delivering on designing and implementing state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) in the UK and internationally.
In order to be able to achieve this, our Technical Design and Integration (TDI) team is growing and we're looking for a CAD/BIM Services Manager to join us. This person will manage the Departments CAD Technicians as well as Hardware and Software. You will support the Project Technical Design Integration Leads and the Concept Design Team SketchUp Library requirements. You will also manage and maintain TDI standards and processes, Revit and AutoCAD Libraries and SketchUp Library.
- Head up the multi-location CAD Services team in support of our Project Technical Design Integration Team in the creation of new Distribution Warehouse MHE Drawings/layouts for OSP Projects.
- Manage CAD software licences including Autodesk AEC Collections, Autodesk BIM 360, Autodesk PDM Collections (Inventor), AutoCAD LT, Vault Pro, Solidworks, etc.
- Ensure concepts and design ideas are translated into engineered system designs, adhering to application and system requirements.
- Manage the document control process, and ensure compliance to it, including drawing structure, layering and naming conventions, updating as required.
- Recognise and coordinate with outside resources, such as CAD Service Providers, design subcontractors, notifying line manager/programme manager where supplementary capacity and skills may be required.
- Planning and execution of work packages delivered on time to the project scheduled milestones to a high-quality standard.
- Ensure adherence to all safety, functional requirements and deployment into mechanical design.
- Support CAD Engineering process, procedure and engineering document control.
- Expert in Autodesk Revit.
- Experience as a CAD Systems Manager or equivalent e.g. BIM Manager.
- An Architectural, Structural or Mechanical design discipline to HND or Degree level, other relevant qualifications or 5+ years’ experience working in a relevant Architectural, M&E/MEP, Structural or Mechanical MHE environment.
- A background in one or more of the following:
- Architecture (background in Industrial Architecture Warehousing/Distribution design or M&E/MEP design would be an advantage, a minimum of 5 years is preferred).
- Structural Engineering (Background in structural steel preferably experience with steel mezzanine structures, minimum 5 years is preferred)
- Mechanical Engineering in MHE in the FMCG Industry, minimum of 5 years is preferred, with experience in a design engineering department (Automotive, Aerospace would be considered)
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Experienced in BIM management.
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware.
- Operate change management during engineering documentation updates, to ensure that configuration control is maintained, and best practice/lessons learned are recorded and shared effectively amongst peers.
- Understanding and knowledge of Building M&E Services.
- Trimble (Google) SketchUp knowledge.
- Google Docs and/or MS Office.
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.