Consultant – Vision Processing & Autonomy
We are looking for a Consultant to join our vision processing and autonomy team. The team has an extensive history and a growing reputation for computer vision and data analytics for a wide variety of exciting applications in military, industrial and transport sectors. In addition to this the team is extensively involved in developing technologies for unmanned systems such as Roke's Autoland system for unmanned rotary wing aircraft.
We deliver advanced research, development services and products and is a vendor neutral supplier, picking the most appropriate technologies to achieve the required performance and capabilities. We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff, although when you are working across ground-breaking projects it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn.
Other highlights have included the development of the Hawkeye system for televised sporting events. The role will involve working with and developing new technologies to meet demanding customer requirements across a wide range of sectors.
What will your role look like?
- Understanding of customer requirements and development of novel solutions
- Development of vision processing and AI algorithms
- Technical leadership on a large variety of projects
- Writing of white papers and technical reports
- Development of new business opportunities and funding sources.
What do we expect from you?
- Strong mathematical foundation and experience in developing vision processing and AI algorithms
- Proven track record in computer vision including publications in refereed journals
- Software development experience using C, C++ and/or Python
- Experience in managing a team of researchers or engineers
What additional skills would we like?
- Experience of 3D vision systems
- Experience or knowledge data fusion
- Knowledge of other sensor systems including acoustic or RF sensors
- Degree in Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science + post-degree experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or closely related area of research.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance employee assistance program and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care.
Due to the nature of this position, you will be willing to undergo, and eligible to achieve HMG security clearance (prior to appointment). As a result, you should ideally be a British Citizen however you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.