Are you a skilled repository librarian with a profound knowledge of academic communication, who likes to work in a dynamic environment to ensure open access to scientific results? CERN, take part!
You can apply your skills to improve the user experience by enriching the material made available to the community via platforms such as Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of library and information science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated repository experience, preferably in an academic environment.
- Track-record with work-flow design (submission forms, harvesting, integration with third party services).
- Familiarity with data exchange protocols.
- Experience in dealing with copyright and licenses issues .
- Library and documentation management.
- Digitizing collections.
- Digital curation: a deep understanding of data structures and formats (JSON, MARCXML).
- Spoken and written English: ability to draw up technical texts.
- Basic knowledge of French or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 02.06.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.