Water Applications Engineer
Join an exciting and innovative cleantech company in Newbury. We develop and build breakthrough low energy desalination and water treatment solutions that treat the world's most challenging salt waters. Many desalt seawater, which we can do, but we specialize in desalting very salty waters from industry. Our customers include leachate, coal chemical, oil & gas, mining, and other industrial companies. We help them clean their water, use less energy, and save money.
Purpose and scope of the role:
We are looking for an Applications Engineer with interest in Water and Wastewater Treatment processes. You will support commissioning, testing and refinement of our innovative designs in the UK and abroad. You are diligent with data and quality, focused, and excel in a team-based environment. We strongly value a positive attitude, hard work, smarts, and commitment. We are looking for someone who is interested in hands-on work, willing to travel and being based for long periods at different sites.
Your main tasks will include:
- Characterizing LAT plants in the UK and abroad by demonstrating process and continuous operation
- Testing and running pilots, collecting and analyzing data, performing troubleshooting and repair work
- Performing operations data analysis, basic water chemistry analysis, equipment and instrumentation
- Inspection of LATW plants, carry out preventive maintenance, provide training to clients
- Reporting results and completing analysis
- Taking ownership of issues and problems and trying to resolve them there and then
- Maintaining tidy work environment
- Communicating progress, results, and issues
- Training and developing into your next role at the company
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or Science with emphasis in water chemistry, environment sciences or equivalent
- Familiarity with instruments and techniques used in characterizing water quality
- Ability to operate and maintain wastewater treatment systems
- A positive attitude who communicates professionally
- Competency with computers and basic technical software operations such as Microsoft Excel, CAD
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (additional languages are an asset)
- Knowledge and practical experience with basic lab techniques is a nice to have, but duty of care and tidiness in a lab environment is a must
- Ability to organize, prioritize, maintain high quality of work and quickly learn new skills
- You must work well under pressure, as our projects are demanding, yet the team is extremely supportive, and you are always backed-up
- Team player who is not afraid to get dirty and always ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required
- Understanding of principals of Health & Safety policies, Lone Working procedures and Basic First Aid.
LAT Water Limited (LATW) is a British Company which has developed an innovative, low grade waste or renewable heat powered technology for contaminated/waste water treatment and desalination applications. The technology significantly reduces treatment/desalination costs and deliver high quality treated water for a wide range of applications.
LATW’s technology has received numerous awards by both BEIS and Innovate UK to fund the development of LAT for waste water treatment applications.
Note: Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
Apply for Water Applications Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly