Join an exciting and innovative cleantech company in Newbury. We develop and build breakthrough low energy desalination and water treatment solutions that treat the world's most challenging salt waters. Many desalt seawater, which we can do, but we specialize in desalting very salty waters from industry. Our customers include leachate, coal chemical, oil & gas, mining, and other industrial companies. We help them clean their water, use less energy, and save money.
Purpose and scope of the role:
We are looking for a Commissioning Engineer to join our team. You will be commissioning LAT plants globally, perform functional tests, problem-solve issues, perform system cleanout and support process engineers
Main duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Commissioning and start-up preparation: meet with clients to disucss needs & concerns, produce customized checklist based on clients specific needs, assemble all information collected during the project’s planning, design and construction, sort project data from the P&ID database into the appropriate areas: equipment, piping, valves, instrumentation, scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines
- Piping check out: complete installation of all required parts, perform hydro and pressure tests, problem-solve issues with gaskets, seals, welds & valves, perform system cleanout, visually inspect columns, tanks & piping
- Mechanical completion audits: confirm correct equipment is installed confirm correct installation procedure for each piece of equipment
- Electrical & Instrumentation Calibration & Checkout: check hardware, including wiring, check software addressing, start all pieces of equipment, check power supply &functionality, check safety &software interlock sequences, tune process control loops such as temperature, pressure, flow, train operations, perform turn-over
- Equipment troubleshooting: pumps, fans, heat exchangers, filtration, evaporation
The candidate will demonstrate and have the following attributes:
- Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline such as in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- Prior experience with commissioning of water treatment projects, industrial equipment and/or thermal related equipment
- The ability to cope with shift work and unsocial hours, which are often required where equipment is in 24-hour operation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively work individually and in a team with minimal supervision.
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated who will thrive in a start-up environment.
- Performs well under pressure
- Highly organized and pays attention to details
- Able to work autonomously as well as in a team and with different cultures
- Always ready to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required
LAT Water Limited (LATW) is a British Company which has developed an innovative, low grade waste or renewable heat powered technology for contaminated/waste water treatment and desalination applications. The technology significantly reduces treatment/desalination costs and deliver high quality treated water for a wide range of applications.
LATW’s technology has received numerous awards by both BEIS and Innovate UK to fund the development of LAT for waste water treatment applications.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits