Engineering Project Manager - Construction/Mechanical/Electrical/HVAC
Want to to join a world-leading online grocery retailer with a pioneering business model?
Ocado is a FTSE 100 business developing its own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships in the UK and internationally!
A great new opportunity has become available in our Buildings Technology team based at our head office in Hatfield.
The Engineering Project Manager will be responsible for the management and delivery of a variety of projects, ranging from fit out and mechanical and electrical installations, to site improvements - ensuring effective management of all matters relating to project delivery, achieving continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring planned maintenance and inspections are carried out for each allocated project/site
- Financial management - making sure purchasing processes are adhered to and audit trails maintained
- Reviewing sites to assess suitability for development
- Achieving goal of continuous improvement through recommending improved ways of working with innovative ideas
- Attending health and safety reviews and actioning goals within agreed timescales
- Forming excellent working relationships with site operational teams, contractors, service providers and business support services
- Management of contractors and permit systems
- Ensuring requirements regarding health, safety, environment and quality are being fully implemented in line with company guidelines
- A degree of flexibility when it comes to working outside of office hours
Minimum experience we're looking for:
- Technical and practical ability relating to building services, projects and/or construction
- Experience managing contractors
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation (especially CDM 2015)
- Computer literate (MS package)
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Qualification in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Projects, Construction or Building Services
- Time served trade experience in Electrical, Mechanical, Construction or Projects
- Health & Safety qualification (IOSH or NEBOSH)
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.