We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
We now operate across 3 continents, have partnered with multiple retailers (with plans for more) and are working on building new state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, as well as designing and manufacturing everything that goes inside them. This all starts with our Product Development team, which is where you come in.
We’re now looking for a Systems Engineer to join us at our Welwyn Garden City office. In this position, you’ll be responsible for the architecture of the document system and sub-system interfaces, delivering integrated engineering solutions and championing system engineering best practices.
You’ll be working in the Technical team within Product Development, with exposure to and collaboration with a range of teams in wider Engineering and Technology functions.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Facilitating and documenting all levels of project requirements
- Responsibility for the quality and ongoing maintenance of documents
- Documenting the system architecture
- Documenting and implementing best practices in functional modelling and logical modelling of systems
- Creating systems models to predict product behaviour
- Using system engineering activities to link multiple disciplines and departments together
- Participating in engineering stage gate reviews
- Actively participating in the Patent process for Ocado Engineering
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
- Degree level engineering/science qualification
- Experience of system engineering for complex automated products in an NPD environment (e.g. industrial machines, autonomous vehicles, robots or complex consumer goods)
- Technical ability (or practical experience) relating to complicated electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in system engineering tools (including functional block diagrams, data flow diagrams, V-model of system engineering, design of experiments)
Skills/experience that would be nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience in model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and SysML.
Want to know more about us?
- Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside.
- Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date?
- If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination sites
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.