Associate Systems Engineer
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Associate Systems Engineer in our Systems Engineering team in Brentford.
Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need.
As an Associate Systems Engineer (ASE I), you will participate in the Global Services Associate Program (“GSAP Program”) to acquire the skills and knowledge to become great at your daily job responsibilities. You will be provided with the training and mentoring to set a firm foundation for your entry into a career in Dell Technologies’ Presales organization. This skillfully curated, role-based training includes an introduction to the data center industry, best practices and methodologies and the Dell Technologies way of doing business. After the first 7 weeks of onsite training, you will join and collaborate with your team of more senior systems engineers in the important pre-sale development of technology solutions and provide technical expertise in support of Presales activities, as well as responses to information requests and proposals (RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs) as required. We will continue to provide you resources, tools, and training to attain working knowledge within an assigned practice specialty. At all points in your GSAP journey, you will have the support of your manager, your mentor(s), other systems engineers, peer specialty sales groups, and regional leadership.
About Dell Technologies Presales
We are a global organization of dedicated technical solution designers and well-trained product advisors with a love for supporting our customers’ success. We come from engineering, liberal arts, and sales backgrounds, and we partner with other specialists from our family of companies to guarantee the best service and solutions for our clients. We are thought leaders who innovate together as a community, and we are connected by a global leadership that is focused solely on supporting and enabling our systems engineers. Those who join us have a track record that demonstrates they are passionately curious, supportive in teams and to customers, and have the tenacity to problem solve. If this is you, then we invite you to apply!
- Create long-term professional and personal relationships with customers, partners, and teammates to facilitate effective information exchanges with the goal of enabling customer transformations that drive human progress
- Serve as Trusted Advisor to customers, partners, and teammates by performing effective discovery of technical and business requirements, processing the data objectively, and designing the most effective data center infrastructure solutions
- Collaborate with teammates, partners, and customers, encouraging different points-of-view and ensuring diversity of thought in the technical sales process of driving towards a recommended solution
- Think creatively to design data center solutions that encompass the breadth of the Dell Technologies portfolio while addressing identified business challenges and providing the desired business outcome
- Demonstrate passionately curious about learning; specifically, commit to learning the Dell Technologies data center infrastructure portfolio, competitive offerings, general IT changes, combined with customer and industry trends
- Complete administrative and documenting technical sales tasks
- Capably communicate to groups of varying size by leveraging tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, web conferencing, and white boarding
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Information Technology, ITM, MIS, Technology, etc.) or in a subject that demonstrates your technical aptitude (Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Math, Applied Sciences, etc.)
- Your previous roles have been any combination of the following: 1 year in Presales, 2 to 3 years in IT, or 2 to 3 years in roles that were technically focused, highly focused on customers, required problem solving and/or innovation, and/or demonstrated ability and preference for learning.
- You have a proven track record that demonstrates your behavioral attributes and willingness to learn.
- Ultimately, you are a person with a passion for problem solving and a bias towards innovation, and we want you here at Dell EMC Commercial Presales.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the technical skills to take our sales to the next level, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.