Chassis Electronic Engineer
Our Engineering Consultancy Service focuses on vehicle electrical, electronics and software design, development and integration. We support automotive manufacturers with innovative engineering solutions from vehicle concept through to after sales and diagnostics services.
About the Role
The Chassis Engineer will be responsible for project delivery, working as a System Intergration Engineer for the front radar and function owner for the connected car services, delivering software testing and release.
- Component validation both vehicle and rig based including hardware / software validations
- Generation of test reports in-line with customer management requirements
- Liaise within EE and Chassis to develop / deliver the extended system functions and interactions with other Vehicle systems
- Liaise with counterparts within the wider VW group to deliver the required functionality
- Validation of parts in-line build phases
- Formal Engineering qualification
- Vector experience – CANoe, CaNape, Flexray, CAN
- Project management
- Test specification authoring
- Experience of diagnostic tools (ODIS and IDEX)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Flexibility to work as a collective to deliver on a feature if required
- The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem solving
What we offer
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Interior division specializes in information management. It develops and produces network, information and communication solutions and services for cars and commercial vehicles. This enables and optimizes the control of the complex flow of information between the driver, passengers and the vehicle as well as mobile devices, other vehicles and the outside world. The focus is on systems integration. In addition, the Interior division is involved in cross-sector collaborations with leading companies.