Systems Verification & Validation Team Leader
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Systems Verification and Validation Team leader to own the Integration, Verification and Validation activities of our Radar and ECDIS Product lines and to support and lead our team of System Verification & Validation Engineers.
The ideal candidate will:
• Encourage collaboration between the test team and the Hardware and Software Teams.
• Improve the efficiency of our test methods.
• Build a strong Team of Verification & Validation Engineers
• Lead the system test team to deliver the verification and validation of Radar and ECDIS Systems.
• Develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. In particular the Software and Hardware Teams.
• Provide Line management of the Systems Test team.
• Own the Integration Verification, Validation and Qualification Procedures.
• Drive continuous improvement of our Test process’ and procedures.
• Work with our Hamburg Teams to ensure we share best practice across both sites.
• Design and document appropriate testing for both manual and automated testing.
• Do some testing of Radar and ECDIS Systems.
• Lead the investigation of defects and the recording of this in our defect tracking tool.
• Occasional travel both within the UK and further afield.
• Be aware of and comply with Company Standards of Conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
• Carry out any other reasonable management request.
Skills & experience:
• Degree in a technical subject, equivalent qualification (e.g. HND) or experience.
• Strong experience of System Engineering Verification and Validation.
• Understanding of Verification and Validation for Software projects.
• Proven experience Leading and Managing a Team.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn and assimilate new technical information quickly and thoroughly.
• Experience of Agile development and testing using Scrum.
• Use of Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo).
• Knowledge of Marine Type Approval.
• Knowledge of Marine Products (specifically Radar and ECDIS).
• Experience with testing to IEC Standards.
• Managing Subcontract Test Houses.
As well as a competitive salary, we also offer a flexible benefits package including, flexible working, private healthcare and pension.
Please note that this position requires security clearance and this can only be obtained if you are a British Passport holder and resided in the UK for at least 5 years without any significant periods of time spent outside the UK.
Interested in applying? Click on the Apply button.