5 days left
- Job Type
Ocado is no longer just an award-winning online retailer - we are also revolutionising when it comes to engineering, technology and automated logistics solutions that benefit not only our own business, but also that of our multiple retail partners across the globe.
Our Product Development department is at the forefront of our innovative automated solutions - it designs, tests, manufactures and rolls out products needed for our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) of the future. With the business growing rapidly both in the UK and internationally and multiple new CFCs in the works, it couldn’t be a better time to join us and be part of the Ocado journey.
We’re now looking for a Verification Engineer, to sit within our Reliability team in Product Development.
- In conjunction with the reliability engineer define and plan the test strategies for products and subsystems
- To provide validation of supplier/design reliability claims through developing and implementing appropriate test strategies
- Identify material and resource requirements for testing
- Ensure full implementation of test plans
- Manage and drive the product testing, liaising with Ocado stakeholders and personnel to ensure testing meets schedule
- Pro-actively identify and manage any constrains / barriers which could affect testing or testing schedule
- To collate, interpret and report the data generated via testing, identify and clearly communicate problems and variations from requirements
- To support the identification of root cause and participate in solution generation
- Identify testing requirements needed to verify any design changes or cost down recommendation
Minimum skills/experience required:
- Pro-active with can-do attitude
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Solution orientated
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A high degree of Attention to detail
- A ‘Completer-Finisher’ personality
- A degree in an engineering discipline, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics is desirable
- Proficient in use of MS-Office
- Experience in actively managing product testing, managing resources and prioritising activities
- Ability to develop and present technical reports/presentations across all levels within the business
- Ability to work on multiple projects and manage time appropriately
- Experience managing and interfacing with internal and external personnel
- Developing experiments and methods based on statistical techniques to support innovation projects
- Conducting pilot plant trials to support new product development (NPD).
- Writing and implementing validation plans for product, processes and equipment in accordance with FDA and ISO guidelines
- Flexibility to travel to other sites
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
This role may require travel to other sites.
What we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination site
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.