Senior Specialist Advisor Telemetry
- Location: St. Mellons
- Grade & Salary: G8 - £42,474
- Post number: 201212
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 hrs per week. Monday to Friday
- Welsh language requirements: Level 1
Closing date: 18/06/19
Interviews to take place when/where: To be confirmed
To lead the management, delivery and development of NRW’s provision of telemetry services which are critical for NRW and external partners to help minimise the risks to life and property. To manage the telemetry system on behalf of NRW as system administrator responsible for ensuring compliance with data and IT standards
Qualifications and Skills
Experience of managing a wide area telemetry / Scada system.
You will be expected to keep up to date with changing policy and proposed changes to legislation via membership of a relevant professional body or other equivalent means.
Be resilient and able to cope with high pressure situations.
You’ll possess proven ability and/or in-depth knowledge in the following areas:
- Instrumentation and measurement systems, equipment and standards.
- Windows server based systems.
- Computer networks and network services.
- Programming and scripting languages.
- Data exchange and encapsulation methods.
- Able to communicate with and influence people at all organisational levels, internally and externally;
- Able to work independently, demonstrating innovation, initiative and an ability to develop, or be receptive to, new ideas and creative solutions.