Equipment Health Monitoring Engineer
Join us to be part of the driving force of Defence.
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas for Defence.
Equipment Health Monitoring engineers are primarily responsible for leading and integrate the development of end-to-end EHM systems and services, either on-platform or ground-based systems, to help our customers maintain a safe and reliable operation.
Deployed throughout the Defence business, Equipment Health Monitoring engineers report directly into aftermarket programme teams or business value streams.
- You will contribute to the development of after-market and support strategy around business, product, customer and industrial relationships
- Co-ordinate and monitor specified packages of work within a given budget and represent the company
- Actively participate in a team on or off site to achieve deliverables.
Equipment Health Monitoring roles provides many opportunities for career development across a range of engineering based, customer focused roles.
- You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- You will be working towards Chartered/Incorporated status or be a Chartered Engineer/ hold an affiliate / associate membership of a relevant professional body
- A broad understanding of Gas Turbine physical and functional characteristics would be advantageous.
- Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- You will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
- The ability to achieve UK security clearance may be required for some roles.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include employee support assistance and employee discounts.
On site you can benefit from free parking, a subsidised Gym, Canteen/ Café and breakout areas.
At Rolls-Royce UK we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible
We are an equal opportunities employer.