Project Systems Engineer
Join us to be part of the driving force of Defence.
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas for Defence.
As a Project Systems Engineer you will be the focal point for understanding and developing new engineering products and services.
You will be embedded within an engineering project where you will lead the systems engineering approach across the engineering teams. As part of this role you will be expected to interface across a number of stakeholders both internally and externally within the company to extract and understand technical requirements and work alongside these stakeholders to develop potential solutions which can be used to serve business and customer needs.
As part of this new team you will be exploring and developing new system engineering practices within the company such as the use of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) to assist in the understanding of potential business and technical architectures and solutions.
- Lead Systems Engineering across the entire lifecycle. Be the focal point for System Engineering expertise within the project.
- Facilitate the elicitation of stakeholder requirements including customer, business, and technical ensuring they define the need and not the solution.
- Ensure robust understanding of requirements and associated design of the system. Create an appropriate Enterprise/System architecture solution which serves both business and technical needs.
- Ensure requirements are robustly validated and requirement maturity/risks understood and communicated to the project team.
- Put in place an appropriate requirements structure for the project that joins relevant information across all areas involved (Customer, Business, System, Sub-System, Component), providing robust traceability using appropriate layers.
- Represent Rolls-Royce as required on specific customer and partner working groups related to the project.
- You will be qualified to degree level in a STEM subject and with experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls).
- You will also be a Chartered Engineer or hold an affiliate / associate membership of a relevant professional body or be working towards Chartered/Incorporated status.
- You should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability and capable of systems level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Candidates will be expected to take the lead in identifying project requirements, specifying and executing packages of work.
The ability to achieve UK security clearance may be required for some roles.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include employee support assistance and employee discounts.
On site you can benefit from free parking, a subsidised Gym, Canteen/ Café and breakout areas.
At Rolls-Royce UK we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible
We are an equal opportunities employer.