Information Assurance Engineer
Information Assurance Engineer
Do you want to be part of a growing Cyber Security team delivering products that enable a user to securely browse the internet from a secret network? Want to be part of a project team working closely with the customer to deliver secure operational systems?
If this grabs your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
Your main responsibilities as an Information Assurance Engineer will involve:
- Contributing towards the delivery of key security enforcing products to MOD and export customers
- Leading the Product Security interface to achieve and maintain the accreditation process and apply appropriate Risk Management strategies
- Leading on secure infrastructure and front-line deployed products
- Taking the Cyber Security lead on systems deployed across multiple security domains
- Understanding the product information risk context, and proposing controls and mitigations to reduce the risk
- This role will involve mentoring of junior team members, and will provide unique Cyber Security leadership opportunities whilst working with leading edge solutions
Your skills and qualifications as an Information Assurance Engineer:
The ideal candidate will be NCSC Certified Professional (CCP) Security and Information Risk Advisor or IA Architect at Senior Level (other specialisations may be considered), CISSP, CISM or equivalent experience or qualifications.
You will also have experience of:
- Working across multiple projects delivering Cyber Security solutions
- Ability to travel to different sites throughout the UK to enable the completing of tasks to meet project needs
- Experience of IA Engineering delivery in the defence arena
- At least one of the following security technologies - Secure Software Engineering, High Integrity Network Security Architectures and Implementation, Protective Monitoring, Identity and Access Management, Encryption, Cloud Security
What we're looking for in you:
- A 'can do' attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
- Self-organisation and good time management
- You are innovative and able to drive improvement
- You take responsibility for own & team work packages and for delivery
- Experience of mentoring more junior staff and leading teams is desirable
- Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have a degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements.
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
BAE Systems Air
BAE Systems Air brings together the company's international capabilities and expertise to respond to customers' current and future requirements, and compete for international export and collaborative opportunities. In the UK, BAE Systems Air has an unrivalled track record and expertise in the development, delivery and support of military air platforms, components and technologies through Typhoon, F-35 Lightning II, Tornado and Hawk.
BAE Systems Air has the capability to provide customers with information superiority through the delivery of actionable intelligence and information, together with the provision of innovative information systems and services. Training is a key enabler to delivering military capability, and at BAE Systems we bring together our expertise in the analysis, design, build and delivery of training solutions into a powerful combination for our military customers around the world.
Working as an integral part of the team delivering information superiority and effective air power, our aim is to provide our customers with the capabilities and intelligence that really matters.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.