IT Application Developer
Would you like to one of our key IT teams that are responsible for the development of our bespoke applications? We currently have a vacancy for an Application Developer at our site in Rochester, Kent.
As an Application Developer you will be join our Bespoke Application Development team where you will be supporting and developing in-house applications for internal business use, primarily using the Microsoft Visual Studio development suite.
Your main responsibilities as an Application Developer will involve:
- Facilitating the capture and shaping of Business Requirements
- Delivering enhancements and new Applications as per Business requirements
- Providing support and bug fixes for existing functionality
- Troubleshooting and debug issues identified during development or in production
- Managing changes and support requests through the development lifecycle, including Development, Unit Testing, Peer Review, User Acceptance Testing and Deployment.
- Conducting activities in line with the BAE Systems Electronic Procedures, including those in relation to Cyber Security
- Collaborating with Stakeholders, including other members of the Electronic Systems IT (UK) Department
- Escalating issues to the Bespoke Team Leader and DevOps Manager in a timely manor
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement and Customer Service initiatives
Your skills and qualifications:
- Microsoft Visual Studio using C#
- SQL, ideally T-SQL
- Degree qualified in an IT discipline or have equivalent experience
- Microsoft ASP .NET MVC - Highly desirable
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server - Highly desirable
- MS Business Intelligence (SSIS, ETL and OLAP for Data warehouse, SSAS Tabular Model, Power BI, SSRS, DAX)
- Visual Source Safe
- PowerShell programming skills
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse Concepts including Star Schemas
- Awareness or experience of Agile development methodologies
What we're looking for in you:
- You will have an interest in new and emerging technologies and how these can be applied to the Rochester portfolio.
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Confident - Able to challenge constructively
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
Location: Rochester, Kent UK
Salary: £21,000 to £25,000
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
BAE Systems is one of the world's leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of. You'll have the opportunity to work from concept to completion, giving you real ownership of projects. Whatever you do, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're making a difference to people's lives.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we sometimes close our vacancies early. It is therefore advisable to apply as early as possible if you would like to be considered for a role with BAE Systems.