Research and Development Engineer
The National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS) is a bold and ambitious industry-centred project to create an international centre of advanced manufacturing expertise and excellence where industry, academia and public-sector support agencies work together to transform skills, productivity and innovation, making Scotland and the UK a global leader in advanced manufacturing.
NMIS is a truly collaborative project, with partners including the Scottish government, Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, the Scottish Funding Council, Renfrewshire Council and the UK government through the High Value Manufacturing Catapult. The University of Strathclyde is the host University for NMIS, which will link to the wider academic communities in Scotland through the Scottish Research Partnership in Engineering and across the UK High Value Manufacturing Catapult network.
NMIS will encompass a dedicated facility that will house the Manufacturing Skills Academy (MSA), Digital Factory 2050 and the Innovation Collaboratory. Along with this dedicated new facility, existing and developing research centres will also be part of the broader NMIS Group including the Advanced Forming Research Centre (AFRC) and the Lightweight Manufacturing Centre (LMC). The posts advertised here will be based in one of these centres.
We are looking to appoint up to 40 innovative and enthusiastic engineers to be part of NMIS who are interested in manufacturing the future, working with a range of innovative industrial partners and academic experts, new and emerging technologies and challenging manufacturing in Scotland.
We're seeking talented engineers at the following career stages:
- Assistant Research & Development Engineer (£27,830 - £31,302)
- Research & Development Engineer (£32,236 - £39,609)
- Senior Research & Development Engineer (£40,792 - £50,132)
We would love to hear from you, if you have expertise and a degree in one or more of the technical areas below and have:
• Materials and Lightweighting
• Production systems, manufacturing systems, operations and supply chain management.
• Digital Manufacturing (including robotics and automation)
• Manufacturing technologies
• Measurement and sensing
• Design for manufacturing and new product introduction
For more information, visit the National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS) Website:
https://www.strath.ac.uk/workwithus/nationalmanufacturinginstitutescotland/ or email NMISemail@example.com
More searches like this
- Aerospace & Aeronautical Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Automation Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Manufacturing & Production Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Materials Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer
- Research and Development Manufacturing jobs in Senior & Chartered Engineer