Electronic Design and Development Engineer
Avalon sciences design and manufacture specialist seismic monitoring tools for the oil and gas industry. The tools have to work reliably in high temperature environments. A vacancy has arisen within the electronic department; the ideal candidate will have a broad range of skills, including analogue, digital and embedded software. They will have the ability to support the current and legacy tools as well as to aid the team in the design and development of the next generation of monitoring tools. Reporting to the Head of Electronics and Software, you will be joining a small but talented team; you will need to be self-motivated, flexible, and a team player.
We have open positions for both recent graduates and more experienced engineers.
- Familiarity with micro-controller systems using the ‘C’ language
- Familiarity with low noise analogue design
- Design of digital circuits
- Schematic capture and board layout using Altium or similar
- Ability to write and review technical documents
- Experience of precision data conversion
- Experience of FPGAs using VHDL
- Experience of High Temperature and/or High Voltage design
- Experience of DSP based communication systems
Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Assist production with the introduction of new products
- Support and assist in integration and production testing
- Provide customer support and problem solve on technical matters
- Attend and actively contribute at design reviews
- A formal electronic qualification, i.e. HNC, HND or degree in Electronic Engineering
More about us:
We work in a relaxed and friendly environment: as a family-run company, every employee is valued individually and has a unique role. Many people go to the gym together or go running/play football during lunch breaks; we even have a regular team for the local monthly pub-quiz. Many employees have taken advantage of the cycle to work scheme; the roads around our headquarters make for excellent cycling. If you’d like to know more, give us a call or send us an email.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies please.