Avalon sciences design and manufacture specialist seismic monitoring tools for the oil and gas industry. The tools have to work reliably in high temperature environments. A vacancy has arisen within the technical department; the ideal candidate will be comfortable writing and maintaining documents, test procedures and schematics/wiring diagrams. They will oversee post-production testing of electronic systems and be at ease managing a small team. Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, you will be joining a small but talented team; you will need to be self-motivated, flexible, and a team player.
- Ability to author and conduct safe tests
- Comfortable managing a small team
- Ability to write and review technical documents
- Knowledge of electrical safety and good working practices
- Schematic capture and board layout using Altium or similar
- Familiarity with best practice test and production engineering
- Familiarity with AutoCAD
Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Assist production with the introduction of new products
- Support and assist in integration and production testing
- Provide customer support and problem solve on technical matters
- Attend and actively contribute at design reviews
- A formal electronic qualification, i.e. HNC, HND or degree in Electronic Engineering
More about us:
We work in a relaxed and friendly environment: as a family-run company, every employee is valued individually and has a unique role. Many people go to the gym together or go running/play football during lunch breaks; we even have a regular team for the local monthly pub-quiz. Many employees have taken advantage of the cycle to work scheme; the roads around our headquarters make for excellent cycling. If you’d like to know more, give us a call or send us an email.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies please.