Avalon sciences design and manufacture specialist seismic monitoring tools for the oil and gas industry. Our surface equipment configures tools and records/displays data for analysis. A vacancy has arisen for a software engineer to help maintain existing software and author software for the next generation of systems. Reporting to the Head of Software and Electronics, you will be joining a small but talented team; you will need to be self-motivated, flexible, and a team player.
- Understanding of the full software development life cycle (UML)
- Understanding and appreciation of code version control
- Ability to write and review technical documents
- Experience/knowledge of embedded systems
- Experience with the QT framework
- Experience with the MFC framework
- Experience with large data sets
Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Assist production with the introduction of new products
- Support and assist in integration and production testing
- Provide customer support and problem solve on technical matters
- Attend and actively contribute at design reviews
- Formal degree or post graduate degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or related subject.
More about us:
We work in a relaxed and friendly environment: as a family-run company, every employee is valued individually and has a unique role. Many people go to the gym together or go running/play football during lunch breaks; we even have a regular team for the local monthly pub-quiz. Many employees have taken advantage of the cycle to work scheme; the roads around our headquarters make for excellent cycling. If you’d like to know more, give us a call or send us an email.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies please.