Avalon sciences design and manufacture specialist seismic monitoring tools for the oil and gas industry using both electronic and fibre sensors. Our equipment is designed to encapsulate sensitive electronics/fibre systems in high temperature and high pressure environments. Electromechanical devices are also used to clamp our down-hole systems. A vacancy has arisen for a creative mechanical engineer to join the engineering team. Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, you will be joining a small but talented team; you will need to be self-motivated, flexible, and a team player.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Thorough knowledge of materials and their properties
- Ability to use embedded FEA tools
- Ability to write and review technical documents
- Able to design equipment for use in harsh environments
Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Assist production with the introduction of new products
- Support and assist in integration and production testing
- Provide customer support and problem solve on technical matters
- Attend and actively contribute at design reviews
- Formal degree or post graduate degree in Physics, Engineering or related subject
More about us:
We work in a relaxed and friendly environment: as a family-run company, every employee is valued individually and has a unique role. Many people go to the gym together or go running/play football during lunch breaks; we even have a regular team for the local monthly pub-quiz. Many employees have taken advantage of the cycle to work scheme; the roads around our headquarters make for excellent cycling. If you’d like to know more, give us a call or send us an email.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
No recruitment agencies please.