Senior Systems Architect
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
The Senior Systems Architect will work within the System Architecture Team and will be responsible for an area of the system architecture from top level analysis through design and validation.
- Development of System Architectural Description for assigned areas of responsibility
- Development of Interface Requirements and Design Documentation
- Development of Subsystem Design Definitions and Subsystem Specifications
- Development of Equipment Specification
- Validation of design against requirements
- Support customer and supplier meetings as required
- Working knowledge of SysML and/or UML for System Analysis and Design
- Working knowledge of System Analysis and Design processes and lifecycles
- Understanding of complex electronic systems
- Ability to manage own time and tasks and to report progress
- Rhapsody SysML Toolset including RPE
- DOORS Toolset
- Working knowledge of UK Defence Standards.
- Understanding of UK Security Accreditation
- Understanding of System Safety Assurance
- Degree in Electronics, Systems Engineering, Physics or similar
- Typically requires degree level education, and a wide range of relevant experience, or equivalent.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.