Engineering Change Control Specialist
General Dynamics UK is a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Our employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give us our competitive edge. Dynamics is not just part of our name, it’s part of our spirit.
GDUK Land Systems is currently executing the Specialist Vehicles Production Programme and is looking to recruit Change Control Lead. The role will require close liaison and co-operation with the system engineering and integration subject matter experts and the platform, manufacturing & domain expertise residing in the wider GD businesses.
Reporting to the Change Control Manager. The candidate must be a team player who is prepared to lead from the front and work with a multi-national engineering team and the customer community. The individual will be required to work across geographical and cultural divides to draw together a comprehensive engineering capability that will derive a balanced system solution. This position is based in Oakdale and Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
- Act as the conduit for information flows between relevant departments
- Participate in PCA
- Act as the engineering focal point for platform specific engineering changes on the programme.
- Understanding of manufacturing, MRP and Oracle.
- Play an active role in Customer Change Proposal Working Groups to ensure change is managed correctly
- Participate at the Joint Change Control Board in identifying change requirements and impacts associated
- Provide technical leadership within the Configuration & Change Team to identify domains affected by individual change.
- Manage the production baseline & change control process and the respective design data for the programme.
- To lead by example in fostering best practice in document and revision management.
- Support the Configuration Management team in ensure that change process and toolsets are optimized
- Audit the Engineering Change Process including all engineering change requests raised from trials, suppliers, internal design and production activities.
- Prepare material for internal and external engineering progress reviews
- Provide concise briefings to Engineering Change Manager.
- Outstanding organisational skills are required, together with tenacity to drive the process of configuration control from start to finish.
- The ability for strong attention to detail is paramount for the successful execution of this role.
- Act as the conduit for information flows between relevant departments, to build effective relations with staff to ensure compliance with the documentation process
- HNC / NVQ level 4 or working knowledge of or similar nature Experience of controlling / managing engineering change on a complex programme
- An understanding of the importance of Change Control related Batch Management/Issue Control of assemblies and part
- Familiar with systems such as Windchill PDM
- PDM baseline and change management of vehicle platform design that is in full rate production
- Have been involved in engineering control of change embodiment into production batch build standards
- Ability to liaise with and present information to multidiscipline team members based in the UK and overseas suppliers to ensure baseline and changes are embodied in a controlled manner.
- Position will also require the assistance in ensuring Uplift and Retrofit plans for change embodiment are introduced in a timely manner to military vehicles that are in full service.
- Willing to travel occasionally within the UK and overseas.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills.
- A background in military vehicle systems engineering/change management
- Manufacturing experience would be beneficial
- Qualifications in Lean processes and systems
- Familiarity with current British Army tracked and wheeled vehicles
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural engineering team
- Broad knowledge of standards and legislation applicable to military platforms
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off and an attractive bonus scheme.