7 days left
- Job Type
We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re revolutionising when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
We now operate across 3 continents, have partnered with multiple retailers (with plans for more) and are working on building new state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, as well as designing and manufacturing everything that goes inside them. This all starts with our Product Development team, which is where you come in.
We’re looking for a CAD Administrator to join us at our Welwyn Garden City office. In this role, you’ll be responsible for running the mechanical CAD and PDM systems, including maintenance and providing support to users. You’ll need to set the corporate standard for CAD work and drawings, ensure the security of CAD data and also create CAD models, assemblies and drawings.
With design projects on brand new cutting edge automation equipment, this role will give you fantastic exposure to the innovative work we’re doing and as we continue to grow and sign deals with more international retailers, this is an invaluable position within the design team.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Creating CAD models, assemblies, drawings and specifications
- Setting the corporate standard for CAD modelling, draughting and assemblies
- Checking work before it is released
- Maintaining the mechanical CAD system and PDM system
- Providing CAD and PDM training to new members of the team as well as support to current users
- Performing day to day PDM support and maintenance activities
- Communicating regularly with the organisation to advise on upgrades, downtime and other relevant information
- Ensuring the security and integrity of mechanical CAD data
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
- An understanding and practical experience of either BS 8888 or ASME Y14.5
- Experience of applying GD&T when creating component and assembly drawings
- Practical experience of using SolidWorks
- Skilled in the administration of a PDM system (preferably SolidWorks PDM or SolidWorks Workgroup PDM)
- An HND in Engineering or equivalent qualification with relevant experience
- A proven track record in the design of components and assemblies that have gone into production
- Strong understanding of mechanical design fundamentals and practises
Skills/experience that would be nice to have:
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor
- Experience training contractors in producing high quality drawings
- Experience training others in CAD skills and draughting to BS 8888
Want to know more about us?
- Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside.
- Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date?
- If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Shares
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
- Discounted shopping on Ocado.com, Smart Pass and destination sites
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.